Saturday, February 02, 2008

Life-Changing Cornbread

Write this down.

1/4 cup flour
1 cup cornmeal
1 can creamed corn
2 eggs
1 cup evaporated milk (CUP, not can)
1/2 cup oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 cups grated cheese
and one can of green chilis, very finely chopped. I used mild, but if you like spice, you could go medium or hot.

Combine all ingredients, bake in 8x8 dish for 45 min to an hour at 350 degrees (until the top is nice and toasty), and then eat. And eat. And eat.

My friend Angel brought some into work a few months back and I've been bugging her for the recipe ever since. This is about the one thing in my life I have ever made that turned out edible, and it was AMAZING. I mean it when I say it will change your life for good.

2 comments:

  1. Yum. I'm making them ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My life will never be the same. Making and and eating this has changed my destiny forever.

    ReplyDelete