Thursday, February 21, 2008

Oh What a World





Tucson skies are, 9 times out of 10, always clear and bright, but when we do have cloud cover, we get awesome sunsets. I hurried home to try and catch what I could of this one on my camera.

So, we went to eat two nights ago at El Charro, a nice-ish Mexican restaurant, and I had my first-ever experience with ceviche…it was a good one. They take diced-up shrimp and cook it just by marinating it in citrus juice, then add it to a pico de gallo of tomatoes, cucumbers, avocados, and cilantro. I’ve heard about it ever since I moved here, and just barely tried it the other night. Amazing.

And our waiter was a total psycho, as usual. We had to tell him about thirty times that we wanted CORN tortillas. It went a little something like this.

Him: Do you want flour or corn tortillas?
Jon: Corn
Him: Flour?
Jon: No, corn.
Him: Flour?
Me: ..No, CORN.
Him:….Flour?
Both of us: COOORRRRNNNNN. CORN. Corn corn.

And it wasn’t loud in the restaurant, and we were definitely enunciating. Okay, so here comes the best part of the night. Both of our drinks ran dry within the first ten minutes of us sitting down. Jon refuses to mention it, but I wanted more Dr. Wells so I asked him for a refill. So he took my glass, disappeared around the corner for about a half a second, and then set THIS back down in front of me.



Half-full!!! What, did he think he could evaluate how thirsty I was just by looking at me? It was so ridiculous, we just stared at it with our mouths open. Oh my.

In other news, you may remember a certain trumpet-playing Star Wars enthusiast. Well, my friend from work informed me that the girl in that video is her boyfriend’s sister-in-law!! Small, small world.

Anyway, I’m trying to convince Jon to start a blog of his own. He’s always got great stories of his travels. Like, this one doctor, before beginning surgery, turned to Jon and goes “Now…if I go in a little too deep here, I might hit…..” (And just stares expectantly at Jon until Jon jumps in…”Well, there’s the spleen around this general area…pancreas here….liver here…..”, pointing as he explains.) And the doctor goes “oh, yeah, right, right.”

See? That story would have been so much better if Jon had just written it up himself. I wasn’t even there and I’m trying to explain it. Lame.

3 comments:

  1. I am NEVER getting lipo. EVER.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the picture of your half-full glass... seriously now. who knows what kind of switcheroo he could have pulled on you! lol....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya it was probably buddy's from the next table over. um, i hope you didn't drink that, you know, now that i've pointed out this possibility...

    ReplyDelete