Monday, August 02, 2010

Two things that are gross

I had this tiny little scab on my elbow - TINY. Like the size of a pin prick. I noticed it a while ago, and finally the other day I scratched it off. No big deal. Except then it started BLEEDING PROFUSELY. Gushing. I've never seen anything like it. I ran to the bathroom and by the time I got to the sink, the blood was already down my arm. Jon recovers from the shock in time to wad up some toilet paper and apply pressure, all the while saying, "What did you DO??" I tried to explain that it was a tiny little scab - barely even noticeable - that caused it, but he didn't believe me until the bleeding stopped and he saw for himself. Can you blame him??



And here it is - the culprit.


Can you see it??



About the weirdest thing that's ever happened to me.

Here's the other thing that's gross:

Kind of hard to see -we're stuck using the crappy Powershot ever since I destroyed our other camera - but that's our bedroom, and that's the door jamb, and that's the squished gecko surprise I found the other day.

10 comments:

  1. Erik says that you might be vitamin K deficient. I guess it helps with clotting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say the Gecko is vitamin K deficient.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ew, eyeballs are even squished to the sides!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could be anemia or that weird blood disease royal families have due to incest. I'd go with the latter if I wasn't related to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess I should have mentioned that I've never had unusual bleeding before, and I'm pretty sure I'm not anemic, vitamin K deficient, or a hemopheliac. And the blood clotted up nicely in the sink. The scab just must have been right on something (though Jon says there shouldn't be anything supplying a lot of blood to my elbow sitting just underneath my skin like that. So I don't know what's worse - being anemic, or being deformed).

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's crazy! Isn't that the 2nd gheko that you guys have squished behind your door?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It could have actually been a wart. Those things bleed like CRAZY!!!! I like the gecko, you should put him in a book, like a pressed flower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. If I had a super bleedy scab on my weenis, I'd be worried too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahahaha. Literally laughing out loud. Best comment ever.

      Delete
  9. Ok, so after much confusion, I guess I need to clarify. Your weenis is your elbow skin. True fact. Look it up.

    ReplyDelete