Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Bibs are not just for babies and the elderly

I'm not quite ready to post pictures of our new place, because I haven't taken them, nor have I finished unpacking. But! I AM ready to reveal that thing I made! I know the suspense has been killing you all summer, ever since I first announced a couple of months ago that I was actually making a craft of my own volition, not out of duty to conform at a church activity. (What do you mean you hadn't been waiting in hopeful expectation this whole time? You don't even remember me saying that? What's this all about??)

Okay! So I made a bib necklace! I had never even heard of such a thing until a friend of mine did a Stella and Dot Jewelry giveaway on her blog a while ago and I saw the coolest thing I've ever seen:


I didn't win the giveaway, of course, and the necklace was $200 (now down to $99, in case you have that kind of money to spend on a single piece of jewelry you can wear like twice a year). So! I decided I would MAKE it! Or at least something like it. Or something that vaguely resembled it. I didn't really succeed, but still love mine so there.




Obviously it's not as elaborate as the original, but that just means I can wear it more often. And lately I've been obsessed with midnight blue and coral together, hence my variation from the color palette. Stringing and braiding those tiny seed beads was ridiculous, btw.

And in case you're wondering how a person wears such a thing, I'm still figuring that out. Wish me luck.


(Also, don't bother clambering to get to the comments first to ask me to make one for you, because I can't. If I implied that I made this all on my own, sorry. My mom helped, ie did most of the work.)

8 comments:

  1. wait, did you say you beaded and braided those bead braids? whoa. (or your mom did)

    i love it, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did the beading and embellishments and designing and cutting. My mom did the sewing/iron transfer whatnot.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice! i've actually seen a couple of those floating around here. . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post u will buy very soon for my Bibs..
    Thanks for post.

    ReplyDelete